Meticceria Extrartistica Trasversale
Since 2017, Cantieri Meticci has transformed what used to be the warehouses of the Coop Alleanza 3.0 supermarket into a set of artistic ateliers, called MET: Meticceria ExtrArtistica Trasversale.
Meticceria because it wants to be a construction site of social mestizaje.
ExtrArtistica because it tends to conceive artistic projects with repercussions that go beyond the field of art, triggering processes of social transformation.
Trasversale because it practices a crossing of barriers between disciplines: a mixing of the arts that encourages the mixing of the most diverse people.
MET is a workshop in which to encourage, through innovative cultural practices, dialogue, collaboration and exchange of knowledge between different people.
MET Space is a safe and inclusive place: it has always been anti-racist, anti-sexist, and open to any form of mestizaje.
The MET is a multifaceted space that contains different environments, with different characteristics and uses:
- the The-Atrium with 80 seats
- the Collagerie: an atelier for figurative arts, collages, illustrations and comics, designed and created also for children.
- thePeopolyphonic Archive: a multimedia archive to see and listen to the interviews and narratives that are carried out in the various participatory projects.
- a rehearsal room
- two lofts that house the offices of Cantieri Meticci (administration, organization and communication)
- RHystourArt: the central environment around which all the other spaces revolve, with a stage, a bar counter made out of old typographical drawers, and walls full of frames for photographic exhibitions and more. In the hall, six square tables designed and built to be used both as a classic tool for conviviality, but also as an audio and video device - tables that can be transformed into a screen, a puppet theater, a loudspeaker, or... who knows!